Saturday, December 11, 2010

Update

Dan holding Max at the hospital after he was born.


This past month has been a wonderful but crazy time. We have been adjusting to the new life of being parents and are loving every minute of it, (well, I could go without the 2 a.m. feedings...) We are both extremely happy, and extremely sleep deprived. When people say you get no sleep with a newborn they aren't kidding.

Our little Max is tall but very skinny, just like his dad. In fact, he is a clone of his father. Max looks like a shrunken Dan. The first thing everyone says when they see Max is how much they look alike. He is still in his newborn clothes, and they drown him, although he is starting to get too tall for some of them. He loves to stretch. Anytime I un-swaddle him, he stretches his arms and legs out, and makes all kinds of funny faces. It is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen.

When I feed him, he grunts and squeaks the whole time. He is such a loud eater, it's hilarious! That boy loves to eat and gets very grumpy when he is hungry. He loves to be held and bounced around. In his perfect world I would carry him around all day rocking and bouncing him. He has had a rough start sleeping on his own in his own bed. He is such a cuddle bug and doesn't like to be left alone, but we are working on it every day.

He smiled at me for the first time yesterday! It wasn't just gas pains, it was a real smile and it melted my heart. He is a very alert baby and has been since the day he was born. We just can't get enough of him, and are so blessed to be his parents. We can't wait for him to meet all his family and friends next week when we visit Utah for Christmas. Max hasn't met Dan's parents yet, and I am so excited for them to meet.

3 comments:

Layla said...

I can't get over how much he looks like Dan. And how skinny you are! And holy cow you are a MOM!

Kristin said...

Can't wait to see you and little Max! Your so cute! I love the update! I love that he is still in newborn clothes! Dean is almost out of 3 months!
Miss ya!
xoxo

Debbie said...

Just caught up with all your photos and post. Congratulations on a beautiful little Max! You are the best Mom! I love to read your description of falling in love with your baby. Isn't it amazing? I am so happy for you. Enjoy every snuggle! I always loved folding the laundry and seeing all the little bitty clothes!