Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Birthday fun

I have been in Utah for the past week visiting family and celebrating my birthday and my cute twin sister, Ashley's, birthday as well. My mom flew me out as a birthday gift for Ashley and I. (Thank you so much mom!) Ashley and her family were in town for Thanksgiving and she didn't know I was coming. We wanted to surprise her, and we sure did when I popped out of a large wrapped birthday present and yelled, "Surprise, happy birthday!!" We all had a great week being together.

I got to hang out with my nephew and niece, who once again melted my heart.


We went to the festival of trees and the kids had fun standing in this bubble machine. The kids loved it. How come they never had cool stuff like this when I was a kid?







We also went to temple square.




Happy birthday to us! How lucky am I to get to share a great day with my darling sister?


It was nice to come home to my husband and hug and cuddle him again. Dan's sweet birthday post he wrote for me made me laugh and smile.

6 comments:

The Jatens said...

I love the pictures. We need to trade a couple! I miss you so much! I wish we could see eachother more. I'm glad you are coming in March when the baby is born. I can't wait to see you. I'm glad we had such a good time together.

Kristin said...

Looks like fun! I noticed you erased your facebook?? Well Happy Holidays

aaron said...

hey - looks like y'all are having a great time. we love our thanksgivings away from home in texas. kind of fun to be our own little family with friends. ps- my email address is aaronaverywood*AT*gmail(dot)com and melis and i want to know your dallas address so we can send you a christmas card. ps-we'd love to hang out with you up there or down here sometime.

Jamie said...

how fun that you got to go there for your b-day! so are you guys going back for christmas in a few weeks?

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

That is so great that your mom did that for you. Happy Birthday it looks like you had great fun.

The Ellis Fam said...

you guys always made me want a twin. i love you both. hope to see you soon