Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Halloween this year was a complete success! We celebrated in Arizona with my sister and her kids. Even though Max is only eleven months old, he loved trick-or-treating. Like I've said before, one of the biggest perks of parenting are holidays.

Roasting mallows by the fire pit was one of the best parts of the night. Something about this yummy treat makes me feel nostalgic for my childhood.

Max and Eleri were trick-or-treating buddies. Although they didn't get any candy, the babies enjoyed the whole experience of knocking on the neighbors doors and seeing the other kids all dressed up.


Our family themed costumes were Harry Potter, Hermione, and Hedwig. Not the most original idea, but we were able to borrow the costumes, and free is always good when you're poor.


Max was Hedwig the white owl from Harry Potter. I threw together this costume, and it ended up turning out okay.



It was a good weekend of festivities and we can't wait for next year when Max will possily "get it" a little more.

2 comments:

Noelle and Corey said...

Super cute costumes! We dressed Zach like Yoda his first year, and Corey and I were Leia and a Jedi. Halloween is so much fun, and I think parents dressing up makes it even more fun for the kids!

Chablis said...

I think you all look super cute! Max's costume looks an awful lot like the "chicken" costume I made for Gracie. Looks like we both went with a boa hot glued to a tshirt. ;) Maybe you didn't use hot glue, but great minds think alike!!