Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Monthly Ten

It's general conference and Easter weekend. What a great combination! General Conference is my very favorite.

I got my hair done yesterday. I colored it all one color- a really dark brown. My hair has been growing like crazy, and it will be easier to keep up with than highlights. I love it!

I have been really good about working out the past couple months. Before, I would work out, but not very consistently. But, I am proud to say, I have been consistent about my workouts, and it has helped with all the lovely pregnancy symptoms. The best part is I am able to go outside because the weather has been so beautiful!

My new job started 2 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with my decision to take this job. I love the girls I work with, and what I do every day. It has been such a blessing. Shorter hours, better pay, benefits, and more job responsibilities, (which I need to be satisfied at work.)

A couple days ago, I came home to flowers and a card. No special occasion, just my husband being very thoughtful and sweet. In the card, Dan wrote me the kindest letter, it meant the world to me.

I love Texas in the spring. It is so beautiful and green. Not too hot...yet. We are really able to enjoy the outdoors.

One more month until I get to see my family, niece, and nephews on our vacation to Las Vegas. Whahoo!

This month, I have really given a lot of thought to visiting teaching. I am so grateful for the girls who come to visit me every month. And I love the opportunity to get to know and serve the girls I visit every month.

On Wednesday, I have my first ultra sound, and we get to hear the heart beat for the first time. Dan and I feel like little kids waiting for Christmas to get here. Wednesday cannot get here fast enough.

Last, but not least, I have a little baby growing inside of me!!! I am going to be a mother. This realization is very exciting and so scary all at once. I want to be the best person I can be for this little one. I stress about it so much. I know mistakes will be made, but I also know the Lord is on our side.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

linds i love your list! your going to be such a wonderful mother! i love to hear about your daily ten and am grateful for your friendship. you have such a wonderful life! love you
xoxo

Susan said...

No one can doubt what a simply beautiful daughter in law I have. You will be an outstanding mother! Don't stress about it too much, it will all come naturally. I sure love you too and we are so thrilled to see what you two come up with. Just hope the wee one isn't as big as his daddy was!

Rachael said...

Loved reading the 10. The Lord blesses us abudently, doesn't He? :) I hope everything continues to go well for you. That first appointment when you get to hear the heartbeat is the best - I cried I was so happy. You're going to be a great Mom! I'm so happy for you!

Kayley said...

congrats on the baby! That's so exciting! You guys will have cute kids :) What is your new job? That's exciting too!

The Ellis Fam said...

Hearing the baby's heart beet NEVER gets old. I looked forward to it every single visit. Reading your excitement brings back memories of when I was prego and makes me excited... then I start to remember how hard it gets and so I'll just watch your excitement from afar. I want to see pic's of your hair.

Linda said...

This post made me tear up, Linz. I love you so much. I've been thinking about you for several days now, getting so excited for your ultrasound. Love from Mom.