Monday, March 2, 2009

Interview

Thanks for interviewing me Rachael!


What is the best part of living in Texas? And the worst? The best parts of living in Texas are the weather and our new ward. I love that even in the winter, on some days, we can go outside, wear sandals and short sleeves. Although there are some really cold days, there are plenty of beautiful, warm days to mix it up. I love our new ward and all the other couples we have made friends with here. The worst part is living far away from family and friends.

Is life in medical school what you thought it would be like? In a way it is and in a way it is harder than what I thought it would be. I knew it was going to take a lot out of Dan and that we wouldn't see each other as much, but I didn't realize it would be this intense. Dan is busy a lot more than I had anticipated and I have gotten much more lonelier than I thought I would.


How did you get interested in Interior Design? Would you like to pursue it further and start a business? I don't really know what it was that first got me into interior design but the interest started about 5 years ago after we got married. I started decorating our apartment to make it feel more like a home and the more I got into it the more I liked decorating. It just started as a hobby and then I really started to develop the talent. I would love to someday own my own little house decorating boutique. I also want to go back to school and get my interior design degree.


What was it like as a child to be a twin? Being a twin was really fun growing up because I always had a friend to play with. Now that we are older, I love that we are so close and can relate to the same things. Of course there were hard parts to being a twin, like constantly being compared to each other and always being called "the twins" as if we were one person and didn't have our own identity. (I hated it when people referred to us as "the twins.") But overall being a twin has some great advantages and I am so glad I have my twin sister!

What is your dream vacation spot? My ultimate dream vacation would be an African safari! I would love the adventure of going out into the jungle and seeing the wild animals, camping in the wild, and living on the dangerous side! I have a check list of things I will do no matter what before I die, and going on an African safari is one of them.

If you are interested in having me give you a few interview questions for you to answer on your blog, follow these instructions and I’ll be in touch.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Leave me a comment in this post saying, “Interview me” (please include your email address as well).
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions of my choosing.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include these instructions and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions each.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Thanks for answering and letting me interview you! I love getting to know you better! I hope you'll be able to see more of Dan this summer. I know what it is like to feel lonely... not so fun. Hang in there, you're almost a 1/4 of the way done (well, he is with the school part)! :)