Sunday, October 5, 2008

HaLlOwEeN

This is the best time of the year, because all of the BEST holidays are coming up. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and, my most favorite holiday, Christmas. Anyone who knows me, knows I love to decorate. (Okay, maybe I am a little bit obsessed.) One of my favorite things about the holidays is getting to decorate the house. It is so much fun to me! My mother-in-law, Sue, is such a talented decorator. Today, I got a little bit sad about missing out on seeing her darling house all decked out in Halloween decor this year. So I made her send me pictures, but it's just not the same. This past weekend, I have been busy setting up our little stash of Halloween/fall decorations. I always want to run out and buy everything I see, but I know a house full of decorations takes many, many years to accumulate. Every time I put up my Halloween figurines, I smile and feel so loved. Most of my decorations have been given to me by my mom and mother-in-law that's why they are so special to me. My all time favorite Halloween and Christmas decorations are by Lori Mitchell. Check out her stuff at : http://www.bayberrycove.com/lorimitchell.html . They are the cutest little figurines, I could seriously buy them all.

Here is our gouling entry way, pretty spooky, I know.





Sorry to bore you all again with another picture of my dining room, but I finally finished painting our kitchen table, chairs and mirror!! Now I might have to change the plates on the wall, I can't decide if they match anymore.



Dan painted these candles for me. Aren't they so cute? He just whipped them out in about five minutes. How would it be to be so talented?

15 comments:

Toby and Tammy said...

I love it! You are quite the decorator. Will you come and do my house?!?

The Jatens said...

I love it! I'm going to miss out on decorating for Halloween this year. :-( Thanks for sending photos. Tell Dan he can whip me up some painted candles any time. I love them!

Susan said...

Like I said sweetheart. I have nothing, nothing on you! It is adorable. Just adorable. You did the low and high heights and things that add interest. I will keep my eye out for other fun little additives! The table turned out fantastic! I am starting to see an artist in you lindsey. Those of us who can't draw decorate! Sure miss you bunches. Call me sometime.

michellecluff said...

love it all. those candles are amazing! nice work dan.

the Clan Walker said...

you two are amazing!

Rhiannon said...

Those figurines are sooo cute! I don't know if those ever go on sale, but with other decorations I always get them right before Halloween or right after when they are 50% off. You could do that? You don't get the best stuff, but they still have some left over things that are cute.
I think the plates still match. Your table looks very good! That must have taken forever! We have a striped wall too, it's my favorite wall in our house.

Emmett and Ashlee said...

You are both hired. Come and decorate my house. Thanks.

The Ellis Fam said...

i know what you mean about decorations. since mark and i got married in december i didn't have a house to decorate till after christmas. now i want everything and working at a craft stor has made it worse. and your table looks so great painted. you should have done it sooner. that's how i alwawys feel when i refinish something i've already had. you're too cute.

The Durrant Family said...

Beautiful!! You and my talented mother are such inspirations!

Clinton and Jessica said...

so very cute! I love looking at how other people decorate..and you're amazing...! Glad you guys are doing well all the way in Texas!

Kristen Jensen said...

I need to decorate my house now too. I would love to do your lashes, they would be so pretty on you!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

so cute! I love your decorations. I've definitely felt the need to decorate and have bought a few small things to make it feel a little more like Halloween around here....but it looks nothing like yours. You are both so talented and creative! I love it!

Janika said...

Between you and your husband, you should do some decor design of your own. Frankie-stein is adorable.

The Durrant Family said...

thanks linds for your comments, and that calie girl said she knew you from astronomy and was friends with your sister

Debbie said...

Lindsey, I love to decorate too. I feel like I've come to visit you. I love it all. That is what makes a home - your touch can be seen everywhere. You reminded me of Pres. Ucdorf's talk about living the gospel by creating. THanks for keeping in touch through this blog.