Saturday, February 9, 2008

Dan's ride




Slug Bug Blue!! Yesterday, Dan was driving home in the Corolla and he hit a pot hole, a big one (and if any of you have driven on the roads here in Holladay you know what I am talking about) And he popped the tire. He wasn't very happy about this, but changed it out and put on the spare. Then not even 5 minutes later, he hit another pot hole and popped the spare tire! He was really not happy this time. So this morning he had to drive me to work in his car, the old school VW bug. He complains a lot about having to drive this thing around and I have never really known how bad it was until I took a cruise in it today. FREEZING, there is not a heater, and there are holes in the floor so the wind gets in while you're driving. We are driving around and people are looking at us laughing, Dan let me know he gets that all the time. We thought the Neon was bad, but it doesn't get much worse than this. Dan looks especially funny when he is driving because he looks so big in such a small car! What a sweet guy I married, to let me take the nice Corolla with a heater and defrost, which he says feels like a Bently compared to the VW, while he freezes every morning in the bug. Now that's love.


8 comments:

Justin and Tiffany Walker said...

Oh my goodness...that is one fine piece of machine! The color is "super cool"! Holes in the floor? I don't know much about cars, but I'm thinking that's a safety issue?:)
I agree, nice husband to let you take the better car! At least you'll have some good pictures with your kids to look back on and show them the sacrifices you made!! I don't think I'm going to complain about my 95 Explorer anymore! Love ya guys. E-mail your number to our yahoo account (if you know it) and I'll call ya. I would put my number here, but I guess I'm paranoid!

Devri said...

Dan's car is great! That's great that Dan got into so many schools, now the big decision. It will be nice to get started. Trenton thinkgs school isn't as hard as he thought so hopefully you guys have a good experience too. Did he get into the U? We miss being neighbors, but we are coming next month so we will have to go to dinner or something.

Toby and Tammy said...

Lin,
Love the car. Looks like the ones Toby and I drive....

michellecluff said...

Lindsey! So glad you found me! You guys look so good and good luck with the car! It's a looker! I always wanted a bug... perhaps not anymore. Keep in touch

The Carters said...

Lindsey!! I didn't even know you had a blog!! Where have I been? How cute! I love checking up on everyone via blogs! By the way, the bug is super sweet! Good luck with that :) Love ya lots!!

Kristin said...

Lol....You are so cute

Linda said...

So...Dan hit TWO potholes within 5 minutes? I know they're bad, but geez...... Good thing he's super-cute!

chris said...

let's paint it purple